Friday, October 27, 2017

MNL FASHION FESTIVAL 2017




M N L F A S H I O N F E S T

2 0 1 7



          A late post summarizing my experience on the last day of Manila Fashion festival 2017…



                  Looking like this…






















I was convinced last minute 
by my friends,




 I realized I’ve never attended a Fashion show before? 




At least ACTUALLY attended one, not as an intern. (I dressed up models backstage once, probably never again after getting traumatized by hours of stress and time pressure)


                       I was glad enough I was able to enter the event like this, of course I entered without the GTA V robber mask, and the gun holster was hidden inside my bag along with a bunch of other weird shit (I swear if security actually plopped out all the shit inside my bag I really don't know how to explain the situation lol) which I will get elaborating on in the following post.






              I was kinda disappointed I wasn’t able to attend the previous days, there were so many other designers I wanted to see, but nevertheless I was still impressed by the details and some of the designs I saw.


                                                
     IG: @ver.sexy & @yolilputa


 From Left to Right : Iann Mark, Vero, Andre Trinidad, Elijah Gundran


@yolilputa

@iiyanmakeu


AFTERMATH
After about 100 looks from people looking shocked (surprisingly and I am also thankful some were impressed and complimented my look… To all those individuals who shared kind words to me… it really warms my heart…no seriously though)

 I decided to just take everything off.  Oh well, the results were fantastic!



OUTFIT:
Turtleneck Bodysuit: TOPSHOP
Blazer: From a designer my mother knew in the past (very good quality)
Shorts: Satin Shorts designed and made by me
Body Harness: from random seller in eBay
Choker: random seller from eBay I customized
Thigh High Boots: F21
Gun Holster: Some seller from amazon
Beret: Gift from a friend from Japan
Balaclava Mask: eBay
Apologies for vague sources of my pieces as these were old and were bought with minimal budget

                    That day was one of the most fashionably fulfilling moments of my entire life, and just to share my past experience with cosplay, funny enough Cosplay conventions and Fashion Shows are little to no different, just a bunch of creative freaks in costumes. 

 Kidding aside it was still one of the coolest (and tiring) moments of my life, and during the afterparty somebody even asked for my photo (I forgot I wasn’t cosplaying) so then I strike a pose and the cute guy told me to pose sideways and I did, I thought they might ask for my name, like Instagram or twitter or whatever, but he didn’t seem like a photographer or an editor or someone like that.

  It still got me thinking that maybe the anonymity of the mask gave it out as obvious that I didn’t want to be recognized which was completely fine with me.









I was finished with all my school requirements during that time, which was the main reason why I was not able to attend previous days because my schoolwork held me back, from posting these photos and such, and even if there are only very few readers who check my blog I still very much appreciate it, I hope I am worth something in this world at least.






I think the last few pictures and the whole aftermath is the representation of my being and soul during the semester.
As  dramatic as it is about to sound, it’s the perfect word to describe everything else happening in my blessed but ungrateful life as of now…


I was dragged to hell and limbo.
Yet I was able to survive?
I kept reminding myself about that one quote in my head…

“ I have not come this far… to die now “
                                              -Nick, L4D



It sounds so fucking cheesy, geeky yet epic...

I wanted to die when I was in a group of people trying to work out our schedule and different work ethics and mindsets trying to complete a stupid thesis.

I wanted to vomit all the drama I got dragged into.

I had arguments with so many friends.


I cried in public and was humiliated by a loved one.

I felt used and abused, stripped to the last cent.


I felt my patience and being was raped and ruined.

But I can’t stop fighting.


I don't want to.

Not yet.

I’m constantly fantasizing about suicide

But can’t wish for death itself.


In the end I survive, but not with victory.



but with broken limbs and missing pieces.





and I can't seem to find a clear view in what I want to fight for 



maybe it will come...







But it better come soon...










PHOTOS: Elijah Gundran, Iann Mark & Me


-ᐱ-







No comments

Post a Comment

© ᐱ N G E L ᐱ N ᐱ R C H Y
Maira Gall